We have a vacancy for a dynamic and tenacious Soft Services Manager to join the Venues Operations Team, run by our facilities service partner, Interserve.
The Venues Operations Department prides itself on delivering exemplary levels of customer service to enhance the QEII visitor experience. We require an experienced individual to manage the portering, cleaning and cloakroom teams to ensure continued delivery of the highest quality service to clients and guests of QEII. While driving Interserve and QEII core values. Changing and Improving – Proactively participate and champion continuous improvement across the business, seeking ways to do things better and embracing change
Achieving Commercial Outcomes – Making decisions and focusing on achieving solutions that add customer value, increase business revenue and maximise efficiency/profit
Managing a Quality Services– Looking at everything we do through the eyes of our customers and strive to deliver the best possible experience
Collaborating and Partnering – Proactively seek and share information and support our people and partners to achieve the best outcome for our customers and business
The role will report into the facilities manager but will be expected to also work seamlessly with the QEII Centre team.
You will be required to co-ordinate and monitor all portering, cleaning and cloakroom activities to ensure the required standard of service is achieved and maintained. You will also work with the client proactively, ensuring their expectations are exceeded, and effectively communicate all client needs.
• To review centres EBMS system to plan and review all labour requirements across teams in line with business needs.
• To produce weekly staffing schedules in line with business needs and within agreed budgetary constraints, ensuring cost of sales are not exceeded.
• To manage both the portering and cleaning supervisors and teams ensuring a proactive forward thinking can do approach to service delivery.
• To ensure all teams are delivering against agreed Standard operating procedures.
• To ensure all team members strive to achieve an outstanding 5* customer experience.
• To be the QEII lead ensuing venue rooms are set to the clients specification, amendments are carried out efficiently ensuring the continued smooth running of events
• To ensure the centre exceeds cleanliness expectations, implementing quality checks
• To produce clear and concise communications to the centre regarding works updates.
• Carry out and report on regular QSHE audits
• Hold regular team meetings, delivering key information, tool box talks, health and safety updates
• Attend management operational and planning meetings, presenting performance updates
• Support to the Facilities Manager for the site
• Supporting the effective operation of the Queen Elizabeth II Centre
• Be proactive using initiative, reviewing daily workload and determine ways to continuously improve on processes
• To have a flexible approach to working times to meet the needs of the business
• To take ownership of events space and other building areas, ensuring quality service
• Responsible for supervision of staff, together with their personal development, reward and recognition, appraisals, health and safety, and communication of shared goals.
• Ensure regular, ongoing and effective statutory and company training for all staff to maximise their full potential.
• The post holder provides line management for a team of support services personnel and will play a leading role in being responsible for the supervision of a flexible workforce, directing resources to where they are needed.
• Ensure that sufficient staffs are on duty at all times and for ensuring cover and overtime payments for your shift team. Check details of staffing levels, advise of any rota cover shortfalls, plan annual leave teams and ensure continuing cover. Call in additional resources as appropriate from the core team or agency, adhering to the Working Time Directive
• Ensure annual leave is co-ordinated to ensure cover is available at all times
• Act as the investigating officer on disciplinary matters for staff you are responsible for
• Ensure timesheets are submitted on time and accuracy of detail provided on the daily duty sheets.
• Ensure that all records relating to leave, sickness and pay are correctly managed and preserved for audit purposes for the appropriate length of time
• Responsible for ensuring Health and Safety is adhered to at all times, ensuring a safe working environment for all employees. Complete and monitor risk assessments to meet the needs of the department
What we are looking for
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work weekends and evenings as required.
• Strong level of literacy and numeracy
• Experience of supervising a facilities team
• Relevant team management and development experience
• Strong ability to build professional partnerships and communicate effectively
• IT proficiency
• Ability to analyse problems analytically, develop opportunities and implement innovative solutions/approaches
• High level of self-motivation
• Ability to act on own initiative
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team
• Flexible approach to role
• Experience of Supervising a team in an events based establishment
• Experience of successfully managing labour
• Able to successfully implement changes
• Enthusiastic, hard working individual to join our friendly team, working in an office environment.
Please send your current CV to:
John Rapple, Facilities Manager
We would love to keep in touch with you and share news about any forthcoming developments, events and seasonal promotions. If you would like to hear about these, please fill in your details here.We promise to never share your data with 3rd parties.