Sales Account Manager
Salary: £28-30,000k dependent upon experience
Hours: 37 on annualised hours contract
About the team
The Sales & Marketing Department ensures it meets the objectives of the Centre’s Business Strategy by growing revenue and re-building occupancy levels through successfully promoting the business in the marketplace and re-establishing its position as London’s finest specialist events venue.
Working as part of the sales team, the Sales Account Manager will be the first point of contact for clients. The primary responsibility of the role is selling the facilities at QEII Centre to the UK corporate and agency market, employing sales skills to help achieve an overall team target £7.50m for this financial year and challenging forward sales revenue targets from existing and new clients. In addition, the jobholder will be responsible for managing a number of key client accounts to gain maximum profitability whilst maintaining high levels of client satisfaction.
• To professionally and effectively employ sales and account management skills to achieve targeted revenue from existing, lapsed and new accounts.
• To act as the first point of contact for clients enquiring about using the Centre; handling incoming enquiries in a friendly, professional and efficient manner ensuring that all information is accurately captured on the Centre’s CRM and event management system, Ungerboeck.
• To conduct engaging, informative showrounds of the venue giving the client confidence that the Centre is the best choice of venue for their event.
• To negotiate within defined parameters where necessary gaining confirmation from the client that they wish to proceed.
• To prepare contracts and all necessary paperwork for events.
• Collaborating with the wider team, ensuring optimum profitability through effective diary yield.
• To work with external partners, agencies and industry bodies to further develop existing and new London and national contacts and markets.
• To ensure contracted client events are handed over to Event Management and Operational teams with a comprehensive analysis of client needs, objectives and potential secondary sales opportunities
• Keep abreast of competitor activity and recommend any necessary tactical action.
• Maintain accurate records of all contacts with clients and associated Ungerboeck files
• Undertake any reasonable duties as specified by the Senior Account Manager or Director of Sales & Marketing.
• Able to demonstrate evidence of meeting and exceeding venue sales targets and development of secondary spends.
• Experience with both engaging and tapping into a range different personality’s
• Diary yielding, management of accounts and evidence of increasing spends.
• Bespoke proposal creation that meet the client’s objectives, brief and budgets.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Experience in overcoming client resistance/objections to the Centre and its products
• A high standard of computer literacy including CRM systems
Technical Skills and Qualifications
• At least 1 year of sales and account management experience within the events / hospitality industry.
• Strong organisational skills, ability to plan, organise and deliver work to meet deadlines and quality standards.
• Excellent negotiating and interpersonal skills
• Knowledge of Ungerboeck or similar CRM system is desirable.
• Communicating and Influencing
• Working Together
• Seeing the big picture
• Delivering at Pace
• Making effective decision
Information on the Civil Service Success Profiles framework, and how the relate to this role, can be found online, on the QEII Teams site, or from the HR Team.
• Access to learning and development tailored to your role
• 25 days’ annual leave with an additional day per year to a maximum of 30 days
• A working culture which encourages inclusion and diversity
• Membership of the Civil Service Pension Scheme
• Regular staff events, a subsidised staff canteen, and free yoga every Tuesday
How to Apply
Candidates should apply by submitting their CV and a statement of suitability to firstname.lastname@example.org The statement of suitability should be no more than two sides of A4 and should set out how the candidate meets the criteria set out in the person specification.
The closing date for applications is 23 September 2019 at 23.55
This vacancy is using Success Profiles, and will assess your Behaviours, Strengths, Experience and Technical skills.
Applications will be sifted on candidates’ experience against the requirements of the role. Interviews will take place at the QEII Centre week commencing 29 September.
Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.
The Civil Service Code sets out the standards of behaviour expected of civil servants.
The Civil Service embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. There is a guaranteed interview scheme (GIS) for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
We recruit by merit on the basis of fair and open competition, as outlined in the Civil Service Commission’s recruitment principles.
If you feel at any time your application has not been treated in accordance with the values in the Civil Service Code and/or you feel that recruitment has been conducted in such a way that conflicts with the Civil Service Commissioner’s Recruitment Principles, you may make a complaint, by contacting the HR Department email@example.com in the first instance.